Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Do we give someone "money in advance" or "advance money" or "advanced money"?

Please give us a full sentence to consider, along with the context.

Please give us a full sentence to consider, along with the context.
We gave DR Smith advance money to prescribe and promote our company's medicines.

Off-topic (not language-related)

I see it as a form of inducement or bribe. The receiver is abusing the position as a professional.

Last edited by a moderator:
Off-topic (not language-related)

I see it as a form of inducement or bribe. The receiver is abusing their position as a professional.
Off-topic

However it looks, it's how the world of medicine works in many countries, including here in the UK. Medical professionals receive all sorts of "incentives" to prescribe specific medications.

Let's get back to the language question now please.

Off-topic

However it looks, it's how the world of medicine works in many countries, including here in the UK. Medical professionals receive all sorts of "incentives" to prescribe specific medications.

Let's get back to the language question now please.
If we have to use advance with money then what is the correct sentence formation?

If we have I want to use "advance" with "money", then what is the correct sentence formation?
Why would you "have to" use those two words in the same sentence?

If we have to use advance with money then what is the correct sentence formation?
We gave Dr Smith a cash advance to prescribe and promote our products.

advance n3
the supply of commodities or funds before receipt of an agreed consideration
(Collins)

@tufguy I guess what you meant to say is that you don't have to use those words. You just want to know how to do it if you should wish to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back