Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Hello, please check my motivation letter. I'll be bery grateful if you correct my mistakes. Thank you

PERSONAL STATEMENT

As I look forward a spring 2016 - target date to complete a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science at National Technical University of Ukraine "Kyiv Polytechnic Institute", so I would like to strengthen my academic knowledge in German educational institution. My traction to German universities is caused by my understanding of education at all. I hope to have a privilege of attending university in German. That is why I have decided to attend this program, it will help me to realize my educational goals.

When I was a child, I was fond of reading. I have read a lot of books, but my favorite genre was science-fiction. These books were calling indescribable feelings like “Ou! So cool, I would like to appear in the future, to found what is the future daily routine”. But with time I became interested with slightly different things, like “How is it made?” and “How it works?”.

One of my favorite books is a novel by Isaac Asimov. In this book, he described events, where a couple of courageous and curious scientists have found a way ou of a hopeless situation and have saved the world. I was very inspired by the way how they acted, even despite the public’s opinion. “The Gods Themselves” that is the name of this novel, this title is just a part of Schiller’s dictum “Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain”.

From the sixth form, I began to interest in technologies. And about that time I got my first PC. Even then I understood that it is not only a multimedia center but something much more important, which has a power to help me to find out myself and will give me an answer to many questions. And with such a thoughts I started attending computer classes for kids. Exactly there I for the first time got acquainted with programming Pascal. I was my first programming language, that was a breakthrough for me. Since then I was not only a common PC user, I can create something. That was the point when my life has changed a lot.

When I was a teenager I was attending school where were a lot of humanities. Now I understand that my “humanities” background is very useful, because I am not an IT-guy who has only hard skills, also I am a person with well developed communication skills. I can convey an idea to people and explain it in that way, that they will understand it. I think, that IT-industry has a need in professional with such skills.

Since I entered high school I had a plan. I understood that I am good in humanities, but at the same time I have an eager for studying technical sciences. Due to the fact that I already have skills in humanities I have decided to continue my education in the technical field. So I have decided to enter one of the best technical university in Ukraine - National Technical University of Ukraine "Kyiv Polytechnic Institute". I knew that passing threshold was very hight here, but I managed. The first year at university was really hard for me because I was studying among other technically talented students, so I have a need to fill the gap in Technical science. I had a lot of problems, especially with Mathematics. But by the end of the first academic year I had managed to reach my classmates level.And I am very pleased, that my efforts were noticed by a couple of lecturers. I always was trying to be a studious student, because I had to study much more than others.

By the end of the third year at university I understood, that I have enough knowledge to test my skills with hands-on experience. So I tried myself in SAPRUN Ukraine company and I was happy that I have got a position there. That was a great experience because I had a chance not only to spectate how professionals are working and to take part in a real product development. Of course, it was really hard for me because I was using completely new technologies, like SAP Business Warehouse and SAP HANA. I am very thankful for the company and my colleagues, that I had a privilege to be a part of this team and for a great experience which I got there.

My longer term goal is to join for a position at some healthcare company. I understand how achievements in present-day Computer Science can help humanity to solve a lot of it’s problems. I see how some subfields of Computer Science can change our life. For example, Machine Learning is very trendy now, it helps doctors to detect cancer. It is very perspective direction in science now, but, unfortunately, there is no such a course in Ukrainian universities. That is why I want to continue my education in German because there are a lot of universities which provides learning of high-end technologies and sciences. But I am not only looking that I will be taught by someone, now I am enrolled on Machine Learning Coursera course and trying to learn something in this field by myself.

In conclusion, I want to say that I am that kind of person who does not afraid to dream big. I can achieve my personal goals and I can work incredibly hard to get them. I would like my future teammates and classmates to know that they can count on me because I know what doest it mean to work in a team, when each one doing a small part, which creates a one common big goal.

Thank you very much for considering my application.

Sincerely,
USER_NAME

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello, please check my motivation letter. I'll be very grateful if you correct my mistakes.

PERSONAL STATEMENT
As I look forward to a spring 2016 - target date to complete a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science at National Technical University of Ukraine "Kyiv Polytechnic Institute", so I would like to strengthen my academic knowledge in German educational institution.

Do not capitalize "computer science" unless it is part of the course name.

You would like to increase your knowledge.

You want to attend a German college or university.

My interest in German universities is caused by my understanding of education at all.

I can't make sense out of the last part of that sentence.

I want to attend a university in Germany. That is why I have decided to attend this program, it will help me [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] realize my educational goals.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.