Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi teachers.

My cousin (I have many) broke my vase and he didn't acknowledge that. But he had never thought that I have a camera at home. When he was trying to get rid of his responsibility, I was very very angry. Not because of his breaking of my vase but he didn't have the courage to accept his wrongdoing. Later when he found that I have a camera, he said sorry sincerely to me. My anger began to seep away.

Is my last sentence natural?

Hi teachers.

My cousin (I have many) broke my vase, and he didn't acknowledge that. But he didn't know that I have a camera at home. When he tried to avoid responsibility, I was very, very angry. Not because of his breaking of my vase but he didn't have the courage to accept his wrongdoing. Later, when he found that I have a camera, he said sorry sincerely to me. My anger began to seep away.

Is my last sentence natural?
I've never heard it, but it's not bad. Some other words are ebb, evaporate, and fade.

Admit it instead of acknowledge that?

He didn't have the courage to accept responsibility. (I'm not sure "courage" is the right word there.) Then when he realized you have video evidence he "sincerely" apologized.

If you have many cousins, I'd open with "One of my cousins". I'd use "CCTV" or "surveillance camera" rather than just "camera". When I first read it, I thought you meant a standard camera (for taking photos). Also, before mentioning the CCTV, I'd make it clear that you weren't there when your cousin broke your vase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back