Member Type
Other
Native Language
French
Home Country
Mauritius
Current Location
Mauritius
What is the best definition of a pangram ? Thanks in advance.

Best definition? What do you mean?

A pangram is a sentence that uses all the letters of the alphabet. They are typically used when designing typefaces, to practise handwriting techniques, and to practise typing. If you're wondering why we think your efforts don't pass as pangrams, it's because we think it doesn't count to simply list the individual letters as part of the sentence. See Rover_KE's post in your other thread for some excellent examples.

You still haven't told us why you're trying to create your own.

What is the best definition of a pangram? Thanks in advance.

This is becoming very repetitive. You have posted multiple threads on the same topic. In various answers, several people have given the definition of a pangram. It is very strange that you started quoting other pangrams and making up your own if you didn't know what they were.

Let's start from the beginning here:
1. Why did you join Using English?
2. Why are you interested in pangrams?
3. Why do you "need" one that has fewer than 30 letters?
4. Why do you keep starting new threads instead of writing responses to our replies in your existing threads?

Last edited:
I hope to create my own for self achievement. And if it's a successful attempt I can then share it with others. By the best I mean which definition is more precise. Because, I come across different definitions on the internet.

I hope to create my own purely for [STRIKE]self[/STRIKE] for the sense of achievement. [STRIKE]And[/STRIKE] If it's a successful attempt, I can then share it with others. By "the best", I mean [STRIKE]which[/STRIKE] the definition that is [STRIKE]more[/STRIKE] the most precise. [STRIKE]Because,[/STRIKE] I have come across different definitions on the internet.

In that case, provide links to the different definitions you have found so that we can read them, and then we might be able to tell you which one we think is the most accurate/trustworthy.

I join because I need expert advice. I'm interested in pangram because I think it is a rare and special sentence.I love pangrams.I'm replying to your responses a bit later because I don't have full access to the internet.

It's somehow difficult for me to provide links because I' m using a mobile phone . I don,t possess a computer.But I will try.

By the best I mean which definition is more precise. Because, I come across different definitions on the internet.

The definition is very clear: a sentence that uses all the letters of the alphabet. An English pangram obviously uses the English alphabet. This is not a term that needs a more precise definition than that, unless there is some specific goal or requirement in mind.

I joined because I need expert advice. I'm interested in pangrams because I think [STRIKE]it is[/STRIKE] they are [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] rare and special sentences. space after a full stop I love pangrams. space after a full stop I'm replying to your responses a bit [STRIKE]later[/STRIKE] late because I don't have full access to the internet.

It's [STRIKE]somehow[/STRIKE] somewhat difficult for me to provide links because I'm using a mobile phone. I don't possess a computer. space after a full stop [STRIKE]But[/STRIKE] However, I will try.

Note my corrections above. Yet again, you have failed to put a space after most of your full stops. The fact that you are typing on a mobile phone is not an excuse for this. If you post any more text without spaces after full stops (or commas), I will delete the posts.

I would add the idea of brevity as using the fewest words possible helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back