Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Sudan
Current Location
UK
Hi,
I need to fill in a form specifying one or more countries where a service is available. Without specifying a country or more the form will be rejected. There is a pul down menu with names of countries. I can add as many as I need.

But the service is available in every country. so I wish to specify a country in each part/region of the world and then add a notice to explain.

My explanation notice:
The service will be to all countries. To complete the form I have selected only one country in each part/region of the world as example/sample.

My questions
1 - are the sentences grammatical correct?
2 - can it be said in a better way?

Thank you

Hi.
I need to fill in a form specifying one or more countries where a service is available. Without specifying at least one country, or more the form will be rejected. There is a pulldown menu with the names of countries. I can add as many as I need.

But However, the service is available in every country no full stop here so I wish want to specify a just one country in each part/region of the world and then add a notice note to explain.

My explanation notice explanatory note:
The service will be to available in all countries. In order to complete the form [successfully], I have selected specified only one country in each part/region of the world as an example./sample.

My questions are as follows:
1. Are the sentences grammatically correct?
2. Can it be said in a better way?

Thank you. (Note that there is no need to thank us in advance. Add the "Thanks" icon to any response you find useful.)
Please note my corrections and comments above. With my changes, they're correct. Is there some reason you can't just tick every country on the dropdown menu?

Is there some reason you can't just tick every country on the dropdown menu?
Yes, the reason is that the dropdown menu consists of a long list of countries. No checkboxes. So only one can be selected.

Yes, the reason is that the dropdown menu consists of a long list of countries. There are no checkboxes no full stop here so only one can be selected.
Thanks for explaining that. In that case, I think your explanatory note is clear.

The service will be to all countries.
Use "is" (instead of "will be") if the service is already up and running.
To complete the form I have selected only One country in each part/ region of the world is selected by default (as example). You can change that by selecting the correct country, if necessary. /sample.
Is that what you mean?

One country in each part/ region of the world is selected by default (as example). You can change that by selecting the correct country, if necessary. /sample.
Is that what you mean?
I select countries randomly, like Japan, United Arab Emirates, Spain, Nigeria, Mexico and Argentina. Each country is in a region but it's not the default. It's an example.

Ask a Teacher

If you have a question about the English language and would like to ask one of our many English teachers and language experts, please click the button below to let us know:

(Requires Registration)
Back