Please correct mistakes in this paragraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Every one has some free time in one's daily routine, in which one do some useful activity that one likes. People of out town spend their free time in different activities. Most of the old people of our town are always free, so they spend their free time in gossiping, reading books and newspeper, criticising other people and giving advice to others. The children of our town spend there spare time in playing, most of them perfer to play video games and other feel pleasure in physical games like football and cricket. However, the young people of our town find no free time, they always remain busy.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]Every one[/STRIKE] Everyone has some free time in [STRIKE]one's[/STRIKE] their daily routine, in which [STRIKE]one[/STRIKE] they do [STRIKE]some[/STRIKE] enjoyable and useful [STRIKE]activity[/STRIKE] activities. [STRIKE]that one likes.[/STRIKE]

People [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] from [STRIKE]out[/STRIKE] our town spend their free time [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] doing different activities. Most of the old people [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] from our town are always free, so they spend their [STRIKE]free[/STRIKE] time [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] gossiping, reading books and [STRIKE]newspeper[/STRIKE] newspapers, criticising other people and giving advice to others.

The children [STRIKE]of our town[/STRIKE] spend [STRIKE]there[/STRIKE] their spare time [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] playing; most of them [STRIKE]perfer[/STRIKE] prefer to play video games and others [STRIKE]feel pleasure in[/STRIKE] enjoy physical games like football and cricket. However, the young people [STRIKE]of our town find[/STRIKE] have no free time; they always [STRIKE]remain[/STRIKE] keep busy.

See my changes above. There was a lot of repetition ("of our town", for example). In the final paragraph, you might want to find a way of differentiating between "children" and "young people".

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Could you please suggest me some online english course, so that I can improve my English.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Could you please suggest [STRIKE]me[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]some[/STRIKE] an online English course, so that I can improve my English.

I'm afraid I don't have any to recommend. If you post the same question in the General Member Discussions section, you might get useful responses, particularly from other learners. Generally, we recommend that you try to find an actual English teacher rather than just trying to learn online.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Re: Free time

What's missing in that sentence?

That's not going to be very difficult for the OP to answer. I already corrected the sentence in post #4.

Status
Not open for further replies.