Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
An Incredible Vegetable
Garlic, a member of the Liliaceae family which also includes onions, is commonly used in cooking all around the world. China is currently the largest procedure of garlic, which is particularly associated with the dishes of northern Africa and southern Europe. It is native to central Asia and has long had a history as a health-giving food, used both to prevent and cure illness .In ancient Egypt, workers building the pyramids were given garlic to keep them strong, while Olympic athletes in Greece ate it to increase their resistance to infection. The forefather of antibiotic medicine, Louis Pasteur, claimed garlic was as effective as penicillin in treating infections. Modern-day scientists have proved that garlic can indeed kill bacteria and even some viruses, so it can be very useful for people who have coughs and colds. In addition, some doctors believe that garlic can reduce blood pressure The only disadvantage to this truly amazing food is that the strong and rather spicy smell of garlic is not the most pleasant!

Summary :
Garlic is one of the Liliaceae family, which is popular to be used in cooking all around the world, especially in Chinese, northern Africa and southern Europe. It is claimed that as a healthy food for people in the past with functions like preventing and treating diseases. In the past, garlic was believed to be effective in treating infection by Louis Pasteur. Nowadays it has been proved that garlic can get rid of bacteria and even some viruses, and can reduce blood pressure. However, it has a strong and spicy smell.

This is my summary. Please review it and can you give me some tips to improve my writing?

source: FCE practice test

Last edited by a moderator:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
An Incredible Vegetable
Garlic, a member of the Liliaceae family which also includes onions, is commonly used in cooking all around the world. China is currently the largest [STRIKE]procedure[/STRIKE] producer of garlic, which is [STRIKE]particularly associated with[/STRIKE] used a lot in the [STRIKE]dishes[/STRIKE] cuisines of northern Africa and southern Europe. It is native to central Asia and has a long[STRIKE] had a [/STRIKE]history as a health-giving food, used[STRIKE] both [/STRIKE]to prevent and cure illnesses. In ancient Egypt, workers building the pyramids were given garlic to keep them strong, while Olympic athletes in Greece ate it to increase their resistance to infections. The forefather of antibiotic medicine, Louis Pasteur, claimed garlic was as effective as penicillin in treating infections. Modern-day scientists have proved that garlic can indeed kill bacteria and even some viruses, so it can be very useful for people who have coughs and colds. In addition, some doctors believe that garlic can reduce blood pressure The only disadvantage [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] of this truly amazing food is that the strong and rather spicy smell of garlic is not the most pleasant!

Summary :
Garlic, [STRIKE]is one of the[/STRIKE] from the Liliaceae family, [STRIKE]which [/STRIKE]is popular [STRIKE]to be used[/STRIKE] for use in cooking all around the world, especially in [STRIKE]Chinese[/STRIKE] China, Northern Africa and Southern Europe. It is claimed[STRIKE] that as[/STRIKE] to be a healthy food for people in the past [STRIKE]with functions like[/STRIKE] for preventing and treating diseases. In the past, garlic was believed to be effective in treating infections [STRIKE]by[/STRIKE] according to Louis Pasteur. Nowadays it has been proved that garlic can[STRIKE]get rid of[/STRIKE] kill bacteria and even some viruses, and can reduce blood pressure. However, it has a strong and spicy smell.

This is my summary. Please review it and can you give me some tips on how to improve my writing?

source: FCE practice test

Status
Not open for further replies.