Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Hi,

I translate this English video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERou_Q5l9Gw

Now there is the problem, that I don't understand some sentences in the video. I would need the english text.

Zeiten

1:40.70 till 1:49.36 as the lonely acorn becomes the mighty oak as adorabe ??? ...

1:49.84 till 1:54.92 So also the ??? toddler ...

01:55.48 till 2:02.54 that's when we all find out how ???, jew-hating, church-burning, wife-beating, ???-killing ...

03:18.24 till 3:22.36 But in the meantime ???, live...

7:20.38 till 7:25.00 They were getting angry when he began attacking their beliefs and ??? ??? a bit

19:22.88 till 19:26.04 ??? and ???, if you are not a Muslim ...

Thank you.

Last edited:
I rarely click on external links. Is the video in German or English?

Its an english video on youtube.

It's an English video on YouTube.

It's late here. I might have a go at it tomorrow. For now, please note my corrections to your post.

Let me begin by saying that I strongly disagree with the religious propaganda spouted by this pseudo-scholar, who takes some aspects of current Saudi-Arabian society and implicitly argues that they apply to the whole Islamic world, a patently obvious falsehood. Nevertheless, I will transcribe his words.

Hi,

I translate this English video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERou_Q5l9Gw

Now there is the problem, that I don't understand some sentences in the video. I would need the english text.

Zeiten

1:40.70 till 1:49.36 as the lonely acorn becomes the mighty oak as adorabe ??? ... "as adorable Parent Trap Lindsay Lohan becomes whatever she is now..."

1:49.84 till 1:54.92 So also the ??? toddler ... "the tolerant toddler of peaceful Islam eventually goes through puberty."

01:55.48 till 2:02.54 that's when we all find out how ???, Jew-hating, church-burning, wife-beating, ???-killing ... "apostate killing"

03:18.24 till 3:22.36 But in the meantime ???, live... "live and let live."

7:20.38 till 7:25.00 They were getting angry when he began attacking their beliefs and ??? ??? a bit "they had to put up with quite a bit."

19:22.88 till 19:26.04 ??? and ???, if you are not a Muslim ... "you can't preach, you can't build a place of worship, you can't even set foot in the city of Mecca."

Thank you.

Last edited:
Sorry - I have to ask again:

01:55.48 that's when we all find out how ____, Jew-hating, church-burning, wife-beating, apostate-killing ...

03:18.24 But in the meantime ___, live and let live

19:22.88 ___ and ___, if you are not a Muslim ...

Thank you again.

First questions:

At 1:41 the acorn is 'lowly' not 'lonely'.

At 3:19 it's, '…to each, his own. Live and let live…'

At 19:22 it's 'lo and behold'.

Second questions:

At 1:55 'That's when we all find out what full-grown…'

For the others, see above.

By the way, Hans, you should use the present continuous, "I am translating" rather than the simple present.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back