Interested in Language
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Scenario:
I own a laptop/desktop sales and service shop.
My client, who is a top level person of the company, has highlighted to me and asked me the reason why I am charging them more than the price shown online on Amazon, Flipkart, etc. In my response, I have written this email. Please suggest corrections/improvements to the below response that I have tried myself. Thank You.

Dear Sir,

As you must be aware that we always supply the materials to you on time as you are one of our valued customers. The price that we offer you are the best we can offer as there are many aspects to it. Having said that, if you compare our price with that of online we will not be able to meet that price. There will always be a minor difference in it. The reasons for the same are listed below.

Reasons for high pricing:
  • Whenever you place an order, our delivery boy is dispatched instantly to deliver your order exclusively. This obviously incurs a heavy cost. But we do it, keeping in mind the urgency that you expressed. Generally, the online purchases come with high shipping/delivery charges which we do not show separately but include in our product cost.
  • Many a time it has happened that we have been asked to bring a particular item and later told to take back your requirement got over.
  • At the time of warranty we give you full support in returning, replacing or repairing the purchased item. We do free pickup and drop service for warranty items. Taking the items to service center and doing the follow-up does cost time and money which should be kept in consideration. Being a physical store, we offer a sense of security to our clients by such return/repair facility.
  • There have been several times when we came for item delivery and were asked to check the systems (laptops/desktops/printers) at your company. We did it and those diagnosis of systems were done free of cost.
  • We give you items on 30-day credit as per our policy which you will never get online.
  • Sorry to highlight this, but we have never got a proper timely statements from your accounts department. Even after 30 days we have to call at least ten times and then our order goes for payment approval. Then your account teams take ten more days for processing. When the service is given on time, we expect the payment on time too. We have kept a separate person for doing followups of the payments and we still we don’t get some payments done after sixty long days.
  • Lastly, the most important of all is that our customers are unable to know the best products they should order. In such a case, they need expert guidance to make the right purchasing decisions. In the absence of experts, they end up making the wrong choices. We are always willing to assist our customers to make the right purchasing decisions. For example, clients can inquire us about the best products for gaming, Auto CAD, Video Editing, etc. This not only saves clients’ time but also enables them to meet their shopping needs. Clients never end up making wrong purchases when they have professionals to guide them. The assistance they get from us enables them to buy what is more suitable for them.
These are the basic reasons that although the online sales have been increasing, physical stores still manage to make more sales.

Considering the above point, we believe the prices offered are the best that we can provide.
Please feel free to reach out to me for any further clarifications

Regards,
Sanj
XYZ Enteprises

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You seem to be saying your client works for your company. However, I am fairly sure that you don't mean to say that.

I suggest that you write shorter, simpler sentences.

You need to reduce the length of that email letter.

If you use too many words the message might get lost in all that verbiage.

snjpverma

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
@Tarheel, I agree with your suggestion.
I have tried to reduce it and could reduce by only 30 words. If you could help me shorten/improve it even more, I would really appreciate it. Thank You

The words in bold I think are not up to the mark and needs an expert's touch to it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir,

The price that we offer you are the best we can offer as there are many aspects to it. Having said that, if you compare our price with online product sellers, we will not be able to meet that price. There will always be some difference in it. The reasons for the same are listed below.

Reasons for high pricing:
  • Whenever you place an order, our delivery boy is dispatched instantly to deliver your order exclusively which obviously incurs a heavy cost. But we do it, keeping in mind the urgency that you have expressed. Generally, the online purchases have shipping/delivery charges which we do not show separately but include in our product cost. Since you are one of our valued customers, we always supply the materials to you on time.
  • Many a time it has happened that we have been asked to bring a particular item and later told to take back as your requirement got over. We obeyed to such demands gracefully.
  • At the time of warranty we give you full support in returning, replacing or repairing the purchased item. We do the free pickup and drop service for items under warranty. Taking the items to service center and doing the follow-up does cost time and money which should be kept in consideration. Being a physical store, we offer a sense of security to our clients by such return/repair facility.
  • There have been several times when we came to ABC LTD for providing service and were asked to check the systems here. We followed your requests and diagnosed the minor defects in your laptops/desktops free of cost.
  • We give you items on 30-day credit as per our policy which you do not get online. This has a lot of caveats/limitations attached to it because we do not always get the payment on time. We have to keep a separate person for doing follow-ups of the payments and in some cases we don’t get some payments done ever after sixty long days.
  • Lastly, not all customers belong to the technology field, due to which they are unable to judge which product is best for them. They need guidance from an expert in the relevant field. In such cases, we lend our expertise to assist you, ensuring the most cost-effective solutions. For e.g., clients can inquire us about the best products for gaming, Auto CAD, Video Editing, etc., and we guide them to the best of our ability. In the absence of experts, the customers usually end up wasting time as well as money.
These are the basic reasons that although the online sales have been increasing, physical stores still manage to make more sales.

Please feel free to reach out to me for any further clarifications.

Regards,
Snjp

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Your point is that, although you charge more than some others, you offer superior service.

You could probably delete all (or nearly all) the phrases in bold.

I don't have any more time now as it's past my bedtime.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"We obeyed to such demands gracefully" makes no sense to me. I suggest that you don't use it.

What you want to do is say that although you charge more than online stores in some cases your service is superior. (I realize I may be repeating myself.)

It may be that you translating from your first language into English, and that isn't working very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.