Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Hello - I am helping a friend to write a resignation letter. Are there any grammar errors? Thank you.

I would like to inform you that I will be resigning from my job effective March 1, 2020. I need time to take care of some health issues. I also plan to pursue my goals like travelling, spending more time with my folks, etc. Thank you.

ayidh

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Hello - I am helping a friend to write a resignation letter. Are there any grammar errors? Thank you.

I would like to inform you that I will be resigning from my job effective March 1, 2020. I need time to take care of some health issues. I also plan to pursue my goals like travelling, spending more time with my folks, etc. Thank you.

I would like to inform you of my resignation from my job, as of March 1, 2020. I need enough time to handle some health issues. In addition, I plan to travel and spend more time with my folks.

Not a teacher

I'm not English-native

Last edited by a moderator:

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
ayidh, please remember to add 'Not a teacher' when replying to posts, in accordance with the forum's Posting Guidelines.

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I would like to inform you of my resignation from my job, as of March 1, 2020. I need enough time to handle some health issues. In addition, I plan to travel and spend more time with my folks.

Not a teacher

I'm not English-native

Your have not answered OP's question.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
There is no need to explain the reasons for resigning. The letter can simply read:

Dear [name of boss/HR manager]

I am writing to tender my resignation with immediate effect. My one month's notice period will end on 9 February 2019, and that will be my last day.

Yours

[name]

Status
Not open for further replies.