Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Hello - I am helping a friend to write a resignation letter. Are there any grammar errors? Thank you.

I would like to inform you that I will be resigning from my job effective March 1, 2020. I need time to take care of some health issues. I also plan to pursue my goals like travelling, spending more time with my folks, etc. Thank you.

Hello - I am helping a friend to write a resignation letter. Are there any grammar errors? Thank you.

I would like to inform you that I will be resigning from my job effective March 1, 2020. I need time to take care of some health issues. I also plan to pursue my goals like travelling, spending more time with my folks, etc. Thank you.

I would like to inform you of my resignation from my job, as of March 1, 2020. I need enough time to handle some health issues. In addition, I plan to travel and spend more time with my folks.

Not a teacher

I'm not English-native

Last edited by a moderator:
ayidh, please remember to add 'Not a teacher' when replying to posts, in accordance with the forum's Posting Guidelines.

Last edited:
I would like to inform you of my resignation from my job, as of March 1, 2020. I need enough time to handle some health issues. In addition, I plan to travel and spend more time with my folks.

Not a teacher

I'm not English-native

Your have not answered OP's question.

There is no need to explain the reasons for resigning. The letter can simply read:

Dear [name of boss/HR manager]

I am writing to tender my resignation with immediate effect. My one month's notice period will end on 9 February 2019, and that will be my last day.

Yours

[name]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back