Member Type
Teacher (Other)
Native Language
Georgian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
I am sharing my opinion about a popular idea here that having single employees is better than married ones. Do the parts marked by asterics sound idiomatic? I don't think "contact" works when talking about lifestyles. I wrote in brackets better versions.

Our life is divided into two parts: at home with our family and at work. If we spend more time at work these lifestyles *should be separated*, and *they should not contact with each other or influence each other.* ( If we spend more time at work a clear distinction should be made between both.) *In opposite situations* ( There are situations when) you come home *with a bad( in a bad mood) mood* and because of that you may insult your family members. *Answering the question*, (having said that) all situations are different. When you are young this is an advantage, but *with ages* (as you grow older/ with time, over time) it is a disadvantage.

I don't have time to look at your whole post before heading out to work but note that the word is "asterisk".

There's a mistake in your first sentence.

Try:

Our lives are divided into two parts: home and work.

I don't have time to look at your whole post before heading out to work but note that the word is "asterisk".
Do you want me to number them? I mean would it be easier to read them that way?

There's a mistake in your first sentence.

Try:

Our lives are divided into two parts: home and work.
I think it's better to number the sentenes. Do you agree that the original sentences are wrong? Should I use the versions in brackets?

1. If we spend more time at work these lifestyles *should be separated*, and *they should not contact with each other or influence each other.* ( If we spend more time at work a clear distinction should be made between both.)

2. *In opposite situations* ( There are situations when) you come home *with a bad( in a bad mood) mood* and because of that you may insult your family members.

3. *Answering the question*, (having said that) all situations are different.

4. When you are young this is an advantage, but *with ages* (as you grow older/ with time, over time) it is a disadvantage.

I am sharing my opinion about a popular idea here that having single employees is better than HAVING married ones.
The word "sharing" has become a popular way of saying "stating" or "voicing". However, not all change is for the better.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say a distinction should be made between life at home and life at work.

If we spend more time at work these lifestyles *should be separated*, and *they should not contact with each other or influence each other.*
I have no idea what that means.
( If we spend more time at work a clear distinction should be made between both.)
Or that.
Try rephrasing the above. Use as many words as you need to say what you're trying to say!

I have no idea what that means.

Or that.
Try rephrasing the above. Use as many words as you need to say what you're trying to say!
. If we spend more time at work these lifestyles *should be separated*, and *they should not contact with each other or influence each other.* ( If we spend more time at work a clear distinction should be made between both.)
I wanted to say that sometimes people keep working even when they come home. Their boss or clients may call them after work. Their clients sometimes call them even when they are having a day-off. So work and home should be separated as two different things. If a person is at home after work no one should bother them.

2. *In opposite situations* ( There are situations when) you come home *with a bad( in a bad mood) mood* and because of that you may insult your family members.

Does #2 sound natural?

And #3 too?

4. When you are young this is an advantage, but *with ages* (as you grow older/ with time, over time) it is a disadvantage .

And #4?

I think it's better to number the sentences. Do you agree that the original sentences are wrong? Should I use the versions in brackets?
Take care with your spelling.
1. If we spend more time at work these lifestyles *should be separated*, and *they should not contact with each other or influence each other.* (If we spend more time at work a clear distinction should be made between both.)
I don't know what how much time we spend at work has any bearing on the situation. As for the rest, here are some possible ways of phrasing it:
Don't mix home and work life.
Don't take your work home with you.
Separate your work life and home life.

2. *In opposite situations* (There are situations when) you come home *with a bad space here (in a bad mood) mood* and because of that you may insult your family members.
Don't use "In opposite situations". It means nothing.
Use "in a bad mood".
I don't think "insult your family members" works. Use something like "you might not treat your family well".
Use "Having said that".
4. When you are young this is an advantage, but *with ages* (as you grow older/ with time, over time) it is a disadvantage.
Use "with age" (not "ages").

In opposite situations
Say "In contrast" or "On the other hand".
Google "work life balance". Read some articles on that topic, and try writing a new paragraph. The point is, if you want to write about a topic as a learner, you first need to read about it and become acquainted with the relevant vocabulary and how it is used in sentences.

Was that "what" meant to be an "if"?
No, but I messed up the sentence later on. I was going to write:
I don't know what how long we spend at work has to do with the situation.
I realised halfway through that I wasn't sure the OP (or other learners) would be familiar with "has to do with" so changed "has any bearing on" without going back and rewriting the beginning of the sentence.

This serves as a useful note to learners - native speakers mess up too, and we can change our thoughts halfway through a sentence when we're writing in the same way we do when we're speaking.

Back