Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Venezuela
Current Location
Venezuela
Hello everyone, I am a native spanish speaker and I'd like you -native English speaker- to answer me a doubt about this sentence. If i'm posting this in the wrong place please feel free to move it where it should be.

My question is, this sentence "Some university courses" means you're currenly a university student that completed your highschool? or you can be a highschool student taking some university courses?

what does usually this sentense means?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello everyone, I am a native Spanish speaker and I'd like you, native English speakers, to [STRIKE]answer me a doubt about[/STRIKE] help me with this sentence. If I'm posting this in the wrong place, please feel free to move it where it should be.
Hello progpro, and welcome to the forum. :)
You've posted your question in the right section.

My question is: does this sentence "Some university courses" mean you're currently a university student that completed your high school, or [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] can you be a high school student taking some university courses?

What does [STRIKE]usually[/STRIKE] this sentence usually mean?
I'm afraid "Some university courses" is a noun phrase, not a sentence. A sentence normally has a subject and a main verb.
For example:
I am currently taking some university courses.
That would be a sentence, and it would suggest someone doing a few university subjects (not necessarily enrolled in a full degree course). Does that help answer your question?

progpro

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Venezuela
Current Location
Venezuela
Hello progpro, and welcome to the forum. :)
You've posted your question in the right section.

I'm afraid "Some university courses" is a noun phrase, not a sentence. A sentence normally has a subject and a main verb.
For example:
I am currently taking some university courses.
That would be a sentence, and it would suggest someone doing a few university subjects (not necessarily enrolled in a full degree course). Does that help answer your question?

Yes it does, kind of, I'm satisfied. Also, thank you for correcting the other mistakes, boy I make a lot of mistakes.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Yes it does (kind of). I'm satisfied. Also, thank you for correcting the other mistakes. Boy, I make a lot of mistakes.

Please see my changes above. Don't connect separate sentences with commas. Use full stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.