Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
In this commercial phrase, can you use "sports goddess" to indicate a very competent and famous female athlete?
Or is "athletic goddess" better?

The face mist that sports goddess Jane Lee highly praised!
"I'm using it as a must-have item for workout”

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Source and author please. I tried Googling the whole phrase, expecting to find the "commercial phrase", but nothing came up. Also, are you sure it's Jane Lee? There's a [relatively] famous workout trainer called Jane Leeves.

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
The source and author are from this face mist company, but it's hard to reveal them online as it's a kind of sales confidentiality.
Won't you just take it as part of a commercial?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Fair enough. "Sports goddess" works for me although without knowing who she really is, I don't know if it's an appropriate description of her.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
"Sports goddess" sounds better to me as it is a more encompassing title. If she is very famous to the extent of being idolised, why not?

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The source and author are from this face mist company, but it's hard to reveal them online as it's a kind of sales confidentiality.
Won't you just take it as part of a commercial?

Out of curiosity, then, is this a commercial that hasn't yet been released and which, for some reason, you have advance information about? If it's a publicly available ad, then there is no reason to hide anything about it.

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Out of curiosity, then, is this a commercial that hasn't yet been released and which, for some reason, you have advance information about? If it's a publicly available ad, then there is no reason to hide anything about it.

Yes, I'm translating the ad already in public in Korean to English, but I'm afraid others might copy my translation here to market the item.
This is part of a sales strategy. Sorry about this, but if I can reveal everything, I will make it in public.

Status
Not open for further replies.