Member Type
Other
Native Language
Fiji
Home Country
Fiji
Current Location
Fiji
When you are getting old and was starting for the last stage of your life, then you take a look back into those memories and those days of youth, they show up your past, clear and widely, so that you would never have been able to see them before, You could see now everything clearly, what your mouth and your hands have done, and there is not a false flag among the memories.

The man and the boy waded, they made their way through the water, there was shallow between the rock and the shore and there were loose rocks on the seabed making their wading difficult, the man went first, and the boy followed him. The man was skinny Brown haired an earnest-faced man of God and looked undernourished, he was wearing a flannel shirt and loose pants, the pant legs were rolled up to knees where the water couldn't reach em'. The boy after the man was at seven with tanned skin and black hair.

There was a hut on the rock, not far from the mainland, just a couple hundred of yarn out. They were making their way along the seabed to home, to the rocky island. There could be seen the seagulls wheeling and shrieking above their heads. It was an end of the spring and beginning of the summer.

The broken coastline ran far out in many directions with many small isles and with its cliff and bed of reeds, it was an archipelago, scarcely inhabited, there could find some red painted croft of a fishing family, living in their isolated poverty.

There was just a single cramped room in this little hut and the sauna behind the wall, A weathered pine three stood on the on small earthy of the rocky island. The boy whose name was Hare was hungry; he was always hungry. The man had a bag of apples with him, and they sat down and ate the apple. It was a sunny day and the sea around like a mirror with no wind.
Getting complete the apples and oatmeal, the man said.” It's time to pray and thanks the God for this meal”, they kneeled down on earth and prayed for five minutes, the boy couldn't know the words to be utter, so he just repeated those few words he overhears of the man's rogation,

There was a wooden bridge, sticking out of the rocky waterfront, it was a short stump of the wharf and the flat-bottomed rowboat was tied at the end of the wharf.

One day they set out with the boat, it was a lovely day as a day of midsummer and the man who was called Antti, rowed the boat with slow strokes getting the boat move carefully through the smooth water, he pulled it across the small offing and they made landfall on the opposing shore. Antti said to the boy that they could find good stones there, he picked up a stone and showed it to Hare, It was white stone with porous surface, ”It's marlstone”, Antti said, ” when you see such a stone, pick it up, and carry it to boat, they are good stone for the Sauna, we will find someone's in the village to will pay them”.

They picked up the stones and loaded the boat with stones deep down so that there was hardly freeboard when they started for the mainland.

Antti who was a well-known holy man all over the coastal region got borrowed a wheelbarrow and after loaded it full of stones, then they started for the village.

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello Humbertti, and welcome to the forum. :)

What is your question for us?

Also, would you please correct the info on your profile page?

Humbertti

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Fiji
Home Country
Fiji
Current Location
Fiji
Thanks for asking. yes, I try to find the way to navigate, it's not so easy to me.
If somebody there would be kind enough to say something about the writing above. For example; how much there needs editing service.
Thanks

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thanks for asking.

Yes, I am trying to find the way to navigate; it's not [STRIKE]so[/STRIKE] easy [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] ​for me. What question are you answering here?

If somebody [STRIKE]there[/STRIKE] here would be kind enough to say something about the writing above, I would be grateful.

For example, how much [STRIKE]there[/STRIKE] of my piece needs editing? [STRIKE]service.[/STRIKE]

Thanks.

See above. What are you trying to navigate?

Humbertti

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Fiji
Home Country
Fiji
Current Location
Fiji
To navigate? To find all the right places.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Did you mean to navigate to the home page to change your profile?

Humbertti

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Fiji
Home Country
Fiji
Current Location
Fiji
What the wrong with the ' I try to'. Isn't it standard usage? To navigate, it's handling this keyboard.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
To navigate? To find all the right places.
We didn't ask you for the definition of "navigate". We want to know where you are trying to navigate to.

What [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] wrong with the 'I try to'? Isn't it standard usage?
It's OK if you're describing a habitual action. You're not. You're describing something you're trying to do right now.

To navigate, it's handling this keyboard. This doesn't make sense.

None of this helps. You said you are trying to navigate to somewhere. Where are you trying to go? What is the problem with your keyboard?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
When you are getting old and approaching your twilight years, [STRIKE]was starting for the last stage of your life, then[/STRIKE] you take a look back [STRIKE]into[/STRIKE] at those memories and those days of youth. [STRIKE], they show up your past, clear and widely, so that you would never have been able to see them before,[/STRIKE] You [STRIKE]could[/STRIKE] can see [STRIKE]now[/STRIKE] everything clearly now: what your mouth uttered and what your hands did, [STRIKE]have done,[/STRIKE] and there is not a false flag among the memories.

The man and the boy waded [STRIKE], they made their way[/STRIKE] through the water. There [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] were shallows between the rocks and the shore, and there were loose rocks on the seabed, making their wading difficult. The man went first, and the boy followed him. The man was a skinny, brown-haired and earnest-faced man of God and looked undernourished. He was wearing a flannel shirt and loose pants. The legs of his pants [STRIKE]legs[/STRIKE] were rolled up to his knees where the water couldn't reach 'em. The boy after the man was at seven with tanned skin and black hair.

There was a hut on the rock, not far from the mainland, just a couple of hundred [STRIKE]of yarn[/STRIKE] yards out. They were making their [STRIKE]way along the seabed to[/STRIKE] home, to the rocky island. There could be seen the seagulls wheeling and shrieking above their heads. It was [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] the end of [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] spring and the beginning of the summer.

The broken coastline ran far out in many directions with many small isles and, with its cliff and beds of coral/seaweed, [STRIKE]reeds,[/STRIKE] it was an archipelago, scarcely inhabited. There could [STRIKE]find[/STRIKE] be seen some red-painted [STRIKE]croft[/STRIKE] hut/shack of a fishing family living in their isolated poverty.

There was just a single cramped room in this little hut and [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a sauna out the back. [STRIKE]behind the wall,[/STRIKE] A weathered pine [STRIKE]three[/STRIKE] tree stood on the [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] small earthy patch of the rocky island. The boy whose name was Hare was hungry; he was always hungry. The man had a bag of apples with him, and they sat down and ate the apples. It was a sunny day and the sea [STRIKE]around[/STRIKE] like a mirror [STRIKE]with no[/STRIKE] in the still wind.
[STRIKE]Getting complete the[/STRIKE] After eating the apples and some oatmeal porridge/bread, the man said ”It's time to pray and thank [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] God for this meal”. They kneeled down on the ground [STRIKE]earth[/STRIKE] and prayed for five minutes. The boy [STRIKE]couldn't[/STRIKE] didn't know all the words, [STRIKE]to be utter,[/STRIKE] so he just repeated [STRIKE]those few words he overhears of[/STRIKE] what the older man said. [STRIKE]'s rogation,[/STRIKE]

There was a wooden pier [STRIKE]bridge,[/STRIKE] sticking out of the rocky waterfront. It was a short stump of the wharf, and the flat-bottomed rowboat was tied at the end of the wharf.

One day, they set out [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] in the boat. It was a lovely midsummer's day, [STRIKE]as a day of midsummer[/STRIKE] and the man, who was called Antti, rowed the boat with slow strokes, getting the boat to move carefully through the smooth water. He [STRIKE]pulled[/STRIKE] rowed it across the small [STRIKE]offing[/STRIKE] stretch of water, and they [STRIKE]made landfall[/STRIKE] landed on the opposing shore. Antti said to the boy that they could find good stones there. He picked up a stone and showed it to Hare. It was a white stone with a porous surface. ”It's marlstone”, Antti said, ”When you see such a stone, pick it up, and carry it to the boat. They are a good stone for the sauna. We will find someone in the village [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] who will [STRIKE]pay[/STRIKE] buy them”.

They picked up [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] so many stones and loaded the boat with them [STRIKE]stones deep down so[/STRIKE] that there was hardly freeboard when they started for the mainland.

Antti who was a well-known holy man all over the coastal region [STRIKE]got[/STRIKE] borrowed a wheelbarrow and after loading [STRIKE]ed[/STRIKE] it [STRIKE]full of[/STRIKE] with the stones, [STRIKE]then[/STRIKE] they [STRIKE]started for[/STRIKE] headed to the village.
I don't understand the text in blue.

Humbertti

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Fiji
Home Country
Fiji
Current Location
Fiji
Thanks very much, indeed. I appreciate it

Humbertti

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Fiji
Home Country
Fiji
Current Location
Fiji
Thanks again
There could occur many problems between my fingertips and my forehead.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Thanks again.
There could occur many problems between my brain and the tips of my fingers. [STRIKE]tips and my forehead.[/STRIKE]
We all get that from time to time. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.