the said sentence is " Bcefghjklmpquvxyz isn't a word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paramah Sungelee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
French
Home Country
Mauritius
Current Location
Mauritius
Dear Madam/ Sir , I have written a sentence,but I am not sure whether the sentence is correct.However, the said sentence is " Bcefghjklmpquvxyz isn't a word.".Is it right. Thanking you in advance for your prompt collaboration

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: Sentence

The punctuation is wrong but the words are right. You have to put the made-up word in quotation marks like this:

"Bcefghjklmpquvxyz" isn't a word.

If it's included in a longer sentence, write it like this: "'Bcefghjklmpquvxyz' isn't a word," or, it it ends the sentence it's included in, like this: "'Bcefghjklmpquvxyz' isn't a word."

The exact punctuation is important.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Re: Sentence

Dear [STRIKE]Madam/ Sir ,[/STRIKE] Sir/Madam

I have written a sentence no comma here but I am not sure whether the sentence is correct. space after a full stop [STRIKE]However,[/STRIKE] The [STRIKE]said[/STRIKE] sentence is:

"Bcefghjklmpquvxyz" isn't a word. space here Is it right?

Thank [STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] you in advance. [STRIKE]for your prompt collaboration[/STRIKE]

You need to stop writing posts as if you're writing a formal letter. We're quite informal here. If you want to open with a greeting, stick with "Hello". There is no need to thank us in advance. Thank us after we help you. Soon, you should be able to see the "Thank" button and you will be able to click that instead. It's much quicker and more convenient for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.