Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Have I made any mistakes?

The splendid music hall is running huge debts three years after its opening. Ordinary people ask themselves how the local government could have been so short-sighted and built such a grand building in a little town where the people's main interest is their local football club. The council had already tried to sell the hall, but they were unable to find a buyer. As it mostly stands empty and unused, many passers-by stop by it, stare at it, and point their fingers at its imposing facade, complaining to each other about the waste of money when it could have been used to more urgent needs. Occasionally, an angry pensioner can be heard saying, "Look how stupidity looks like, and we are still paying for it."

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Have I made any mistakes?

The splendid music hall is running huge debts three years after its opening. Ordinary people ask themselves how the local government could have been so short-sighted and built such a grand building in a little town where the people's main interest is their local football club. The council had already tried to sell the hall, but they were unable to find a buyer. As it mostly stands empty and unused, many passers-by stop by it, stare at it, and point their fingers at its imposing facade, complaining to each other about the waste of money when it could have been used for more urgent needs. Occasionally, an angry pensioner can be heard saying, "Look at what stupidity looks like! And we are still paying for it!"

My suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.