Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
The technical sheet provided doesn’t explains how to fix the lampshade onto the wall light. It can be only fixed directly to the wall, not onto the wall light. The diameter of the shade is less than the diameter mentioned in the technical sheet.
Please confirm whether the wall light is provided with wall mounted shade or the lampshade which can be fixed onto the wall light type.

Please advise me on whether the above sentences are worded correctly.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
doesn't explain
with a wall-mounted or a lampshade

Last edited by a moderator:

MAJSH

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
doesn't explain
with a wall-mounted or a lampshade
Thank you,
I tried to reword my sentences. Could you please look at the sentences below and advise if they are worded correctly.

The technical details provided do not explain how to fix the lampshade onto the wall light. It seems that it can be only fixed directly to the wall, not onto the wall light. The diameter of the lampshade is 2" shorter than the diameter specified in the technical details.
Please confirm whether the wall light with a wall-mounted shade or a lampshade with fitter one, which can be fixed onto the wall light.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
The whole set of lamp with the lampshade is called a light fitting. In this case, the lampshade is not fixed to the fitting but to the wall.
The diameter of the lampshade is 2" smaller than that stated in the specifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.