Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
A person has to go to New york from Washington by plane and he has ticket for this coming sunday(01/31/2016) but in the last moment his friend tells him that a function or a party is going to be held on monday. Now this person regrets that he has bought ticket for sunday, he could have stayed here for one more week.

Does he need to say "If I had known this I would have bought ticket for one week from now" or "I should have bought ticket for one week after from the ticket date"?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
A person has to go to New York from Washington by plane and he has a ticket for this coming Sunday ​(space required here) (01/31/2016) but [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] at the last moment his friend tells him that a function or a party is going to be held on Monday. Now this person regrets that he has bought a ticket for Sunday - he could have stayed here for one more week.

Does he need to say "If I had known this I would have bought ticket for one week from now" or "I should have bought ticket for one week after [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] the ticket date"?

See above. Tufguy, I cannot believe that we are still having to correct your capitalisation and article usage. OK, article usage is quite difficult for some people but you absolutely must know by now that we capitalise the days of the week and all the words in the name of a town/city/country.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"If I had known this I would have bought a/my ticket for one week from now." OK

"I should have bought ticket for one week after from the ticket date"? You need an article before "ticket". The part after "week" is garbled.

You could write "I should have bought a ticket for one week later."

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Are my sentences correct? Sorry for the errors.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
No- use the versions suggested by GoesStation.

Status
Not open for further replies.