Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
My daughter is having her wedding in a month time. My older brother from Vietnam cannot come to Australia to attend the wedding so he sent a congratulation poem in Vietnamese for me to read in the wedding. The wedding will have both Vietnamese and non-Vietnamese speaking guests so I'd like to translate the poem to English (and at the wedding I will read it both in Vietnamese and in English). Below is my rough English translation of the poem which you can see is not very good.

I congratulate you two on getting marriage
Hope you love each other for the whole life
Wish you having good, gentle and talented children
Your career will also be advancing
You house will be luxurious and modern, your pocket is full of money
You ave a happy family and peaceful life
You will live a long life, with no grey hairs on your head
And you live harmoniously with everyone

Would be much appreciate if someone could help to make the translation nicer to read. Of course it does not have to be in poem format in English.

Many thanks.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
My daughter is having her wedding getting married in a month. time. My older brother from Vietnam cannot come to Australia to attend the wedding so he sent a congratulations poem in Vietnamese for me to read in at the wedding. The wedding will have both Vietnamese and non-Vietnamese speaking guests so I'd like to translate the poem to English (and at the wedding I will read it both in Vietnamese and in English). Below is my rough English translation, of the poem which you can see is not very good.

I congratulate you two on getting marriage Congratulations on your marriage!
I h
ope your love each other for the whole life endures forever.
Wish I hope you having go on to have good, gentle and talented children, you r career will also be advancing will be successful in your careers, and that you'll be rich and have a beautiful home.
You house will be luxurious and modern, your pocket is full of money
I wish you have a happy family and a long, peaceful life together.
You will live a long life, with no grey hairs on your head
And you live harmoniously with everyone

It would be much appreciated if someone could help to make the translation nicer to read. Of course it does not have to be in poem format in English.

Many thanks.