Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Telugu
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I was talking to a friend and wanted to say that they should rename "EDM" (Electronic Dance Music) and call it "RDS" (Random Discordant Sounds).

Should I say -

i.
They should rename "EDM" as "RDS" OR
ii. They should rename "EDM" to "RDS" OR
iii.
They should rename "EDM" "RDS"...

I know the third one sounds a bit weird, but it did cross my mind so I thought I'd put it up.

Thanks in advance! :)

I was talking to a friend and wanted to say that they should rename "EDM" (Electronic Dance Music) and call it "RDS" (Random Discordant Sounds).

Should I say -

i.
iii.

I know the third one sounds a bit weird, but it did cross my mind so I thought I'd put it up.

The third one is correct. The other two are unnatural to my ear.

Thanks Bhaisahab.

I read a few posts related to this doubt and concluded that 'rename to' is a blunder. Is 'rename as' equally wrong?

Also, according to one of the threads, ' They should rename EDM "RDS" ' is the best way to phrase it. Am I right?

Should I say -

i.
iii.

Only because both are abbreviations, I would choose #1 in writing. In spoken English, I would choose #3.

Only because both are abbreviations, I would choose #1 in writing. In spoken English, I would choose #3.

That's an interesting point. I shall keep that in mind. Thanks Mike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back