Which is more important, test preparation process or its result?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Topic ; Which is more important, test preparation process or its result?

For all tests, no one cares about the course students have taken to take a test. It's because in the end, no one knows what kind of efforts they made, just seeing the results. For example, if I study 10 hours of the entire week and get 80 points out of 100, everyone focuses on 80 points and they don’t care whether it’s as result proportional to my 10 hours of study. When my friends ask me about the test, they ask me only the expected score or actual score, but not how much I studied.
Therefore, people should focus on process rather than results.
===============================
Please correct the mistakes. Thank you!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I have a question of practicality - how is your process/effort to be measured? How do you prove that you studied for ten hours last week? Are we just supposed to take your word for it? Are you including hours studied in class where the teacher can confirm that you were there and you were working or are you talking only about self-guided study?
Tests have always been the same thing - an examination of what you know, not how you learned it, or how easy or difficult you found it to learn.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
In life, and especially in working life, people are generally not interested in the amount of time and effort you put in to get something done, but the end result/product/outcome. Unless there is a study carried out to assess the efficiency of your work, in which case the input and and output are quantified and compared. Inputs matter only if you charge for professional services on a time basis.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Topic ; Which is more important, test preparation process or its result?

For all tests, no one cares about the course students have taken to take a test. It's because in the end, no one knows what kind of efforts they made. They only care about the results. For example, if I study 10 hours of the entire week and get 80 points out of 100, everyone focuses on 80 points and they don’t care whether it’s a result proportional to my 10 hours of study. When my friends ask me about the test, they ask me only about the expected score or actual score, but not how much I studied.
Therefore, people should focus on process rather than results.
===============================
Please correct the mistakes. Thank you!

You can thank me now.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.