"While the US' figure increased gradually to $25 billion over the period, China's rose markedly to roughly $30 billion to overtake the US'..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Igbo
Home Country
Nigeria
Current Location
Nigeria
"While the US' figure increased gradually to $25 billion over the period, China's rose markedly to roughly $30 billion to overtake the US' as the highest."

"It is interesting to note that in 2016, both countries' expenditures on video games were very similar, with each spending around $24 billion on these games."

"The pie chart shows that worldwide, 42% of money went towards mobile games in 2017, compared to 27% for PC games, which were the least popular."

"Even though people in the USA spent more money on digital games than those in China in 2010, by the end of the period, China had surpassed the USA in this regard."

1) Is my use of 'to' in '...billion to overtake..." grammatical?
2) Is it correct to say 'both countries' expenditures?
3) Did I use 'went towards' accurately?
4) Regarding the last sentence, is my use of 'in this regard' grammatical and accurate?

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
"While spending in the US ' figure increased gradually to $25 billion over the that period, in China 's it rose markedly to roughly $30 billion. to overtake the US' as the highest."

"It is interesting to note that in 2016, both countries' expenditures on video games were very similar, with each spending at around $24 billion each". on these games."

"The pie chart shows that worldwide, 42% of money went towards total spending was on mobile games in 2017, compared to just 27% for on PC games". , which were the least popular."

"Even though people in the USA spent more money on digital games than did those in China in 2010, by the end of the that period, China had surpassed the USA in this regard."
See above.

Status
Not open for further replies.