Member Type
Other
Native Language
French
Home Country
Mauritius
Current Location
Mauritius
Is "MP" a word or an abbreviation when it is referred as member of parliament and military policeman. I saw it on the internet.It states that the word MP is in the wiktionary.Here is the link. http//en.wikwik.org.mp

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Like many initialisms, MP can nowadays be considered a noun in its own right. As a countable noun, it has the forms MP, MP's and MPs, and can be used with determiners and adjectives: an MP, the MP, the new MPs.

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Are you wondering whether the use of MP would be considered acceptable as part of a pangram?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Is "MP" a word or an abbreviation when it [STRIKE]is referred as[/STRIKE] refers to a member of parliament [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] or a military policeman. I saw it on the internet. space after a full stop It states that the word "MP" is in the Wiktionary. space after a full stop Here is the link: http//en.wikwik.org.mp

emsr2d2

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I'm curious to know then why you're doing this. Is it for your own pleasure? Or are you taking part in a competition? Who is going to determine whether MP is a legitimate word?

Paramah Sungelee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
French
Home Country
Mauritius
Current Location
Mauritius
I'm curious to know then why you're doing this. Is it for your own pleasure? Or are you taking part in a competition? Who is going to determine whether MP is a legitimate word?

I like to write short pangram without abbreviation.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
It's up to you to decide whether you accept MP as a word. I would. A perfectionist might not.

Status
Not open for further replies.