[General] Would you mind me reading aloud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Chris and I were on the same table. We both were in a restaurant and studied English together. We're friends. Later I wanted to read some English so I asked him "Would you mind me reading aloud?" I wonder if the question is natural and means the same as "Would you mind if I read some English aloud in voice?"

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Do you mind me reading aloud?

Read aloud in voice
is not natural.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Chris and I were [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] (sitting) at the same table [STRIKE]. We both were[/STRIKE] in a restaurant and [STRIKE]studied[/STRIKE] were studying English together. We're friends. Later, I wanted to read some English, so I asked him "Would you mind me reading aloud?" I wonder if the question is natural and means the same as "Would you mind if I read some English aloud in voice?"
See tedmc's answer above.
Also, if by "studied together" you mean something different, then say that bit earlier, along with "We're friends".
(cross-posted)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
My friend Chris and I were [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] sitting at the same table [STRIKE]. We both were in[/STRIKE] at a restaurant, [STRIKE]and studied[/STRIKE] studying English together. [STRIKE]We're friends.[/STRIKE]

Later, I wanted to read [STRIKE]some[/STRIKE] practise my spoken English so I asked him "Would you mind me reading aloud?" I wonder if the question is natural and means the same as "Would you mind if I read some English aloud?" [STRIKE]in voice?"[/STRIKE]

See above for how I would write your post. As you can see, your first three sentences could have been combined into two shorter sentences.

Status
Not open for further replies.