Idiom: Catch someone on the hop
If you catch someone on the hop, you do something when they are not expecting it and are not ready.Country: International English | Subject Area: General | Usage Type: Both or All Words Used
All idioms have been editorially reviewed, and submitted idioms may have been edited for correctness and completeness.
- Sprat to catch a mackerel
- Catch hell
- Catch some z's
- Set a thief to catch a thief
- Catch as catch can
- Catch someone red-handed
- Don't catch your chickens before they're hatched
- You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar
Idiom eBooks from UsingEnglish.com
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!
If you have a question about idioms, ask us about it in our Idioms Discussion Forum.
If you know of an idiom that you would like to be listed here, please use our online form to suggest an idiom.
- View examples in Google: Catch someone on the hop
- Idiom Definition
- Idiom Quizzes