What does 'Fall off the turnip truck' mean?
- Scales fall from your eyes
- Squeeze blood out of a turnip
- Wheels fall off
- Fall on our feet
- Blood from a turnip
- Take the fall
- Fall by the wayside
- Have no truck with
- Ride for a fall
- Fall off the back of a lorry
- Fall on your sword
- Into each life some rain must fall
- Let the chips fall where they may
- The bigger they are, the harder they fall
- Fall off the wagon
- The apple does not fall far from the tree
- Fall from grace
- Fall at the first hurdle
- Fall at the first fence
- Pride goes before a fall
- Fall on stony ground
- Built like a Mack Truck
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!
If you have a question about idioms, ask us about it in our Idioms Discussion Forum.
If you know of an idiom that you would like to be listed here, please use our online form to suggest an idiom.