Idiom: Get the lead out
This is used to tell someone to hurry up.Country: International English | Subject Area: General | Usage Type: Both or All Words Used
All idioms have been editorially reviewed, and submitted idioms may have been edited for correctness and completeness.
- Lead someone up the garden path
- Swing the lead
- Go over like a lead balloon
- Go down like a lead balloon
- You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink
- All roads lead to Rome
- Lead with the chin
Idiom eBooks from UsingEnglish.com
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!
If you have a question about idioms, ask us about it in our Idioms Discussion Forum.
If you know of an idiom that you would like to be listed here, please use our online form to suggest an idiom.
- View examples in Google: Get the lead out
- Idiom Quizzes