What does 'Make a monkey of someone' mean?
If you make a monkey of someone, you make them look foolish.
- Category: Animals
Idioms similar to 'Make a monkey of someone'
- Monkey see, monkey do
- Not give a monkey's
- I'll be a monkey's uncle
- Get the monkey off your back
- Grease monkey
- Monkey business
- Throw a monkey wrench into the works
- You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear
- One swallow does not make a summer
- Slowly, slowly catchy monkey
- You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!