What does 'Make a monkey of someone' mean?
- Monkey see, monkey do
- Not give a monkey's
- I'll be a monkey's uncle
- Brass monkey
- Get the monkey off your back
- Grease monkey
- Monkey business
- Throw a monkey wrench into the works
- You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear
- One swallow does not make a summer
- Slowly, slowly catchy monkey
- You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!
If you have a question about idioms, ask us about it in our Idioms Discussion Forum.
If you know of an idiom that you would like to be listed here, please use our online form to suggest an idiom.