Idiom: Other side of the coin
Meaning: The other side of the coin is a different, usually opposing, view of a situation. ('Flip side of the coin' is an alternative.)Country: International English | Subject Area: Money | Usage Type: Both or All Words Used
All idioms have been editorially reviewed, and submitted idioms may have been edited for correctness and completeness.
- Know which side one's bread is buttered on
- Get out of bed on the wrong side
- Seamy side
- Thorn in your side
- Two sides of the same coin
- Look on the bright side
- Time is on my side
- On the flip side
- Grass may be greener on the other side but it's just as hard to mow
- Born on the wrong side of the blanket
- Born on the wrong side of the tracks
- The grass is greener on the other side of the fence
Idiom eBooks from UsingEnglish.com
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!
If you have a question about idioms, ask us about it in our Idioms Discussion Forum.
If you know of an idiom that you would like to be listed here, please use our online form to suggest an idiom.
- View examples in Google: Other side of the coin
- Idiom Definition
- Idiom Quizzes