Idiom: Pennies on the dollar
If something is pennies on the dollar, it's much cheaper than it cost originally.Country: American English | Subject Area: Money | Usage Type: Both or All Words Used
All idioms have been editorially reviewed, and submitted idioms may have been edited for correctness and completeness.
- Bet your bottom dollar
- A day late and a dollar short
- Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves
- Not have two pennies to rub together
- Queer as a three-dollar bill
Idiom eBooks from UsingEnglish.com
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!
If you have a question about idioms, ask us about it in our Idioms Discussion Forum.
If you know of an idiom that you would like to be listed here, please use our online form to suggest an idiom.
- View examples in Google: Pennies on the dollar
- Idiom Quizzes