What does 'Sticky fingers' mean?
The tendency to keep (or steal) an object you touch. Also, to steal something quickly without anyone noticing. (ex: 'You stole that guy's wallet? You have some sticky fingers, my friend.')
- Category: Body and bodily functions
- Contributed By: Kari Anne Roy
Idioms similar to 'Sticky fingers'
- Slip through one's fingers
- Keep your fingers crossed
- All fingers and thumbs
- Fingers and thumbs
- Burn your fingers
- Work your fingers to the bone
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!