What does 'Take the cake' mean?
If something takes the cake, it is the best and takes the honours.
- Category: Food
- Contributed By: Farah Carter
Idioms similar to 'Take the cake'
- Have your cake and eat it too
- You can't have your cake and eat it
- Pieces of the same cake
- You can't have cake and the topping, too
- Icing on the cake
- Dropped like a hot cake
- Piece of cake
- Cake's not worth the candle
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!