Idiom: Walking on broken glass
Meaning: When a person is punished for something.
e.g. 'She had me walking on broken glass.'Country: International English | Subject Area: General | Usage Type: Both or All Words Used
All idioms have been editorially reviewed, and submitted idioms may have been edited for correctness and completeness.
- Dead man walking
- Glass ceiling
- Walking on air
- Talk a glass eye to sleep
- Broken reed
- Heart of glass
- Broken record
- Walking time-bomb
- Walking encyclopedia
- Don't throw bricks when you live in a glass house
- People who live in glass houses should not throw stones
- Even a broken clock is right twice a day
Idiom eBooks from UsingEnglish.com
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!
If you have a question about idioms, ask us about it in our Idioms Discussion Forum.
If you know of an idiom that you would like to be listed here, please use our online form to suggest an idiom.
- View examples in Google: Walking on broken glass
- Idiom Quizzes