Idiom: Who has eaten of the pot knows the taste of the broth
Experience is the best teacher.Country: International English | Subject Area: Food | Usage Type: Both or All Words Used
All idioms have been editorially reviewed, and submitted idioms may have been edited for correctness and completeness.
- Bad taste in your mouth
- Taste of your own medicine
- Champagne taste on a beer budget
- Taste blood
- Too many cooks spoil the broth
- There's no accounting for taste
Idiom eBooks from UsingEnglish.com
Buy our lists of British English, American English and Animal idioms in PDF format. They're perfect to use offline for reference or for use in class!
If you have a question about idioms, ask us about it in our Idioms Discussion Forum.
If you know of an idiom that you would like to be listed here, please use our online form to suggest an idiom.
- View examples in Google: Who has eaten of the pot knows the taste of the broth
- Idiom Definition
- Idiom Quizzes