Cambridge PET Sentence Completion Part 2
Lesson Plan Text
© 2006 UsingEnglish.com
Cambridge PET Sentence Completion 2
For each question, complete the second sentence with no more than three words
so that it means the same as the first.
1. They were making too much noise.
They were being __________ noisy.
2. If I don’t work harder, I will fail.
I will fail __________ I work harder.
3. Why don’t you tell them the truth about what happened?
If I were you, I __________ tell them the truth about what happened.
4. I like travelling by bus more than travelling by train.
I prefer travelling by bus __________ travelling by train.
5. I haven’t done it for years.
It’s been years __________ I did it.
6. There are many shops in the town.
The town __________ a lot of shops.
7. There are only a few opportunities for us.
There aren’t __________ opportunities for us.