Easily Confused Words - Answers
Lesson Plan Text
© 2005 UsingEnglish.com
Easily confused words, etc.
Choose the correct word or phrase to complete the sentences.
1. If you aren’t sure of a word, check its meaning in your dictionary.
2. I’m not sure if they’re coming.
3. She’s done well, hasn’t she?
4. It cannot be ready on time.
5. I did hardly any work yesterday.
6. It was a rush, but we just managed to get there in time.
7. You really ought to help more often.
8. I had less time than I needed.
9. It was cancelled because of the bad weather.
10. She’s away on a business trip.
11. Thieves robbed my office last night.
12. I’ll see her during the summer.
13. If you don’t stop smoking, you’ll be seriously ill.
14. I met them on holiday.
15. She’ll be back soon; she’s gone to the bank.
16. I want it ready by five o’clock.
17. I must pay my phone bill this week.
18. What time does your train get to the station?
19. I must return the books I borrowed from the library.
I arrived home late, so I missed the film on TV.