A LESSON PLAN FOR ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHERS
Below is a preview of the 'Easily Confused Words' lesson plan and is automatically generated from the PDF file. While it will look close to the original, there may be formatting differences. It's provided to allow you to view the content of the lesson plan before you download the file.
Lesson Plan Text
© 2005 UsingEnglish.com
Easily confused words, etc.
Choose the correct word or phrase to complete the sentences.
1. If you aren’t sure of a word, check its/it’s meaning in your dictionary.
2. I’m not sure if they’re/ there coming.
3. She’s done well, isn’t/hasn’t she?
4. It can not/cannot be ready on time.
5. I did hardly/hard any work yesterday.
6. It was a rush, but we just managed to get there in/on time.
7. You really should/ought to help more often.
8. I had less/fewer time than I needed.
9. It was cancelled because/because of the bad weather.
10. She’s away on a business journey/trip.
11. Thieves stole/robbed my office last night.
12. I’ll see her while/during the summer.
13. If/Unless you don’t stop smoking, you’ll be seriously ill.
14. I met them on holiday/holidays.
15. She’ll be back soon; she’s been/gone to the bank.
16. I want it ready until/by five o’clock.
17. I must pay/pay for my phone bill this week.
18. What time does your train get/reach to the station?
19. I must return the books I lent/borrowed from the library.
I arrived home late, so I lost/missed the film on TV.