Easily Confused Words
Lesson Plan Text
© 2005 UsingEnglish.com
Easily confused words, etc.
Choose the correct word or phrase to complete the sentences.
1. If you aren’t sure of a word, check its/it’s meaning in your dictionary.
2. I’m not sure if they’re/ there coming.
3. She’s done well, isn’t/hasn’t she?
4. It can not/cannot be ready on time.
5. I did hardly/hard any work yesterday.
6. It was a rush, but we just managed to get there in/on time.
7. You really should/ought to help more often.
8. I had less/fewer time than I needed.
9. It was cancelled because/because of the bad weather.
10. She’s away on a business journey/trip.
11. Thieves stole/robbed my office last night.
12. I’ll see her while/during the summer.
13. If/Unless you don’t stop smoking, you’ll be seriously ill.
14. I met them on holiday/holidays.
15. She’ll be back soon; she’s been/gone to the bank.
16. I want it ready until/by five o’clock.
17. I must pay/pay for my phone bill this week.
18. What time does your train get/reach to the station?
19. I must return the books I lent/borrowed from the library.
I arrived home late, so I lost/missed the film on TV.