How Questions- Simplest Responses
Lesson Plan Text
Different Kinds of How Questions- Simplest Responses Games
Listen to your teacher say some “How…?” questions and raise one of the two cards you
have depending on which meaning you think the question has. If you are not sure, think
about whether the basic answer will probably be “Absolutely/ Very/ So/ Not so”, e.g.
“Absolutely fabulous” or “Not so good”, or if it will be something meaning “By…”, e.g. “(By)
push(ing) this button” or “(By) train”.
Label the sections below with “R” for “ranking” or “W” for “way”.
- How are you?
- How’s it going?/ How are things?/ How’s life?/ How are you doing?
- How can I change the temperature?
- How do I switch this off?
- How is this controlled?
- How was your (long/ three-day) weekend?
- How has your week/ day/ trip/ visit/ stay been (so far)?
- How have you been (since we last met)?
- How’s work?
- How’s business?
- How did you solve it?
- How can I improve…?
- How was your (summer/ Xmas/ New Year/ Easter/ bank) holiday/ vacation?
- How was your flight?
- How did you get here today?
- How did you travel?
- How was your journey?
- How was your trip?
- How can I get to…?
- How can I get from London to Manchester without spending too much?
Written by Alex Case for UsingEnglish.com © 2020
300 pages of other social English materials: