A LESSON PLAN FOR ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHERS
Below is a preview of the 'Lebanese Politician Assassinated' lesson plan and is automatically generated from the PDF file. While it will look close to the original, there may be formatting differences. It's provided to allow you to view the content of the lesson plan before you download the file.
Lesson Plan Text
© 2005 UsingEnglish.com
Cambridge Advanced (CAE) Use of English Practice
Former Prime Minister of Lebanon Assassinated
In most lines, there is a punctuation mistake. In the space on the right, write the
phrase with the correct punctuation
1. Rafik Hariri, the former prime minister of Lebanon was assassinated in a
2. massive explosion. Hariri a billionaire, had was instrumental in rebuilding
3. the country after Lebanons civil war. He was killed in a massive bomb
4. explosion that destroyed his motorcade and killed nine other people,
5. including some of his bodyguard’s travelling with him.
6. The explosion which blew a ten-metre crater in the road, set at least
7. twenty other cars on fire and damaged many buildings devastating
8. the front of the St George Hotel. Hariri was pronounced dead on
9. arrival at the American University Hospital.
10. President Bashar Assad of Syria condemned the bombing as ‘a horrible
11. criminal act. Speculation started immediately about who was
12. behind the bombing. Hariri though he had resigned in October, was
13. still a significant political figure and had moved towards the opposition
14. groups recently. He had been critical of the three year extension of
15. the Lebanese presidents term of office and many believed he was
16. behind the UN Security Council resolution demanding that Syria
17. withdraw it’s army from Lebanon.