North Korea's War on Long Hair - Answer Sheet
Lesson Plan Text
© 2005 UsingEnglish.com
North Korea’s war on hair
In most lines, there is a word which is spelled incorrectly. In the spaces on the right,
write the incorrect word or put a tick to show that the line is correct.
1. In the secritive communist state of North Korea, the government
2. declared war on long hair last week, saying that long hair styles for men
3. were unhygeinic and unsocialist.
4. The campain against long hair has even seen the Dear Leader, Kim Jong Il, cut his
5. hair to fit the new image. North Korean TV identifies offenders and even give
6. the names and adresses of men with long hair so that they can be laughed at or
7. scorned buy other citizens.
8. Political commentaters suggest that this is an effort to keep the people under
9. control and shows that the state is becoming increasingly disparate in its
10. efforts to keep the populase under control. Men with long hair are regarded
11. as ‘blind folowers of bourgeois lifestyles’. Recent reports have suggested that
12. there is growing unrest in North Korea at a time when the government is making
13. its first tentitive steps towards liberalizing the economy, by allowing a small
14. amount of private enterprize.