Student or Learner
Native Language
Telugu
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Dear All,

I had resigned my job sunddenly without notice period 2 months back due to accident. I informed my boss about my accident also said that i wud like to resign my job. Boss accepted my resignation also cleared my due payment. We will have 2 shifts job like 1 week morning shift and 1 week afternoon shift. Now i hav recovered somehow, i would like to rejoin but i can do only fixed morning shift job becz wen we have afternoon shift, we have travel in the night....night i couldn't be able to travel as i hav met with accident during that time. Also i come from long distance in heavy traffic. If my boss accept my request i would like to rejoin only morning shift.....

Friends i need a letter on this topic to my boss....
Please help me...

Respected sir,
I am Xxx. Firstly i would like to say thanks as i received my july month salary. I am writing this letter to request you for my rejoining of the company. As you know that I have resigned from the company two months back due to leg injury in a road accident. I have being recovered now. I would like to rejoin if it is possible to arrange fixed morning shift for me.Because when i have afternoon shift, i have to travel in the night.Night i couldn't be able to travel as i have met with accident during that time, also i come from long distance in heavy traffic. If it is possible to arrange morning shift for me then i can rejoin.
Hope you consider my request and do needful

Thanks and Regards,

Yours sincerely,
xxxx

Is this letter looking like formal letter....plz do if any changes
Thanks In Advance !!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Re: Plzz check my grammer.....

[STRIKE]Dear all, [/STRIKE] Unnecessarily formal. This is not a letter. Try "Hello everyone."

I [STRIKE]had[/STRIKE] resigned my job [STRIKE]sunddenly[/STRIKE] suddenly, without giving the requisite notice period, [STRIKE]2[/STRIKE] two months back due to an accident. I informed my boss about my accident. Also, I said that I [STRIKE]wud[/STRIKE] would like to resign from my job. My boss accepted my resignation [STRIKE]also[/STRIKE] and [STRIKE]cleared my due payment[/STRIKE] paid me what I was owed. [STRIKE]We will have 2 shifts[/STRIKE] I worked in a job [STRIKE]like[/STRIKE] which entailed [STRIKE]1[/STRIKE] one week of morning shifts and [STRIKE]1[/STRIKE] one week of afternoon shifts. Now I have recovered [STRIKE]somehow[/STRIKE] somewhat, I would like to [STRIKE]rejoin[/STRIKE] go back to work but I can do only fixed morning shifts [STRIKE]job[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]becz[/STRIKE] because when [STRIKE]we[/STRIKE] I have an afternoon shift, [STRIKE]we[/STRIKE] I have to travel [STRIKE]in the[/STRIKE] at night. [STRIKE]ight[/STRIKE] I [STRIKE]couldn't be able to[/STRIKE] don't want to travel at night [STRIKE]as[/STRIKE] because I had [STRIKE]met with[/STRIKE] my accident at night. [STRIKE]during that time.[/STRIKE] Also, I come [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] a long distance in heavy traffic. If my boss accepts my request I would like to [STRIKE]rejoin[/STRIKE] work only the morning shift.

[STRIKE]Friends[/STRIKE] I need to write a letter [STRIKE]on this topic[/STRIKE] about this to my boss.
Please help me.

[STRIKE]Respected[/STRIKE] Dear Sir, (using his name would be better)

[STRIKE]I am Xxx.[/STRIKE]

First, I would like to say thanks [STRIKE]as i received[/STRIKE] for my July [STRIKE]month[/STRIKE] salary. I am writing this letter to request [STRIKE]you for my[/STRIKE] to rejoin[STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] the company. As you know, [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] resigned from the company two months back due to the leg injury I sustained in a road accident. I have [STRIKE]being[/STRIKE] now recovered. [STRIKE]now.[/STRIKE]

I would like, if possible, to [STRIKE]rejoin[/STRIKE] to come back to work [STRIKE]if it is possible to arrange fixed[/STRIKE] but I would be able to work only the morning shift. [STRIKE]for me.[/STRIKE] This is because [STRIKE]when have[/STRIKE] to work the afternoon shift, I would have to travel [STRIKE]in the[/STRIKE] at night. [STRIKE]Night[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]i couldn't be able to[/STRIKE] I don't want to travel at night as that is when I [STRIKE]have met with[/STRIKE] had my accident. [STRIKE]during that time,[/STRIKE] Also, I have to [STRIKE]come from[/STRIKE] travel a long distance in heavy traffic.

If it is possible to arrange only morning shifts for me then I [STRIKE]can rejoin.[/STRIKE] would be able to return to work.

[STRIKE]Hope you[/STRIKE] Thank you for considering my request. [STRIKE]and do needful[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]
Thanks and Regards,[/STRIKE]

Yours sincerely, (That's right if you start with "Dear + boss's name". If you use "Dear Sir" at the start, use "Yours faithfully" at the end.)

[Your name]

Is this letter [STRIKE]looking like[/STRIKE] formal? [STRIKE]letter...[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]plz[/STRIKE] Please [STRIKE]do[/STRIKE] make [STRIKE]if[/STRIKE] any necessary changes.
Thanks in advance. [STRIKE]!![/STRIKE]

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Please note my corrections to your post above, marked in red.

Remember to follow these rules of written English at all times:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with one, appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.

Don't use chatlish/textspeak on this forum. "Plz", "hav", "becz" are not words.

I don't think you can tell your boss that you "can't" travel at night. It is understandable that you are nervous about travelling at night because of your accident but you are technically able to travel at any time. Bear in mind as well that if you resigned two months ago, your job might no longer be available. If your boss told you when you resigned that you were welcome to re-apply when you had recovered, then you might have a chance.

Maggi54

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Telugu
Home Country
India
Current Location
India

Hello sir,
Thanks a lot for your advice. It will be very helpful for me.

I would like to ask you a doubt.

Don't know my boss will accept my request.
Is this wrong, If i say like this "Hope you consider my request"

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

Hello. [STRIKE]sir,[/STRIKE] Please don't refer to users here as "Sir". Not only is it too formal but it also excludes all our female members.

Thanks a lot for your advice. It will be very helpful for me.

I would like to ask you about a doubt I have. I don't know if my boss will accept my request.
Is [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] it wrong (no comma here) if I say [STRIKE]like this[/STRIKE] "I hope you will consider my request."

Thanks.

See above for my corrections and the correct version of your suggested sentence.

Please read that list of rules of written English again. If necessary, print it out and keep it next to your computer. In this post, you failed to capitalise "I" again and you omitted to use a punctuation mark at the end of two sentences.

Status
Not open for further replies.