Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
"I signed up for Rosetta Stone in summer and started learning Portuguese, but I had to quit when the university started. I'm at a very simple stage in Portuguese. I live in Istanbul and if I'm elected, my first job will be to enroll in the Portuguese course in Şişli. In fact, there is less time for schools to close and I can take a very good look at my time after the schools close. I don't want to learn Portuguese just to study in Portugal. Portuguese is a language I've wanted to learn for years. After learning Portuguese, I want to learn Spanish and Italian. It may sound silly to you, but I got into an Instagram competition last year by tagging one of my friends. The winner was supposed to win a concert ticket for Steven Tyler. And the concert was in Portugal. I didn't join it because it was in Portugal. I joined it for Steven Tyler. And four days later when the results were announced, I found out that I won. I've never been tp abroad, and it was my first chance to go abroad until I realized that the tickets were too expensive. So I had to turn down the gift. They responded politely, saying they knew that the tickets were even more expensive than the hotels. It may not mean anything to you, but I know that my life is full of many coincidences. I think that this was the first signal for me to go to Portugal. Then I got into your university and came to know that you had treaty with Portugal for Erasmus. So I made one choice for Erasmus and it is Portugal. If it doesn't happen this year, I'm gonna take my chance again next year."

If you have any suggestion to make the sentences much better, please feel free to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Two things.

1. Say "I am a beginner at Portugeuse."

2. You need to make two or three paragraphs out of that one long one.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps:

I had to quit when classes started.

Is this true to life? (Istanbul is in Turkey, not Germany.)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I don't understand what you mean by "if I'm elected". Elected to what?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

After I learn Portuguese, I want to learn Spanish and Italian.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Who are you talking about that has a treaty with Portugal?

Status
Not open for further replies.