[Grammar] A good education will probably improve people’s career prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambitious-girl

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi,

Are these two sentences correct?

A good education will probably improve people’s career prospects.
A good education can encourage making good society.

The first is fine.
The second is ungrammatical.

I would use ""would" instead of "will" in the first one.

I would use ""would" instead of "will" in the first one.
Could you please tell me why you would use "would" in first sentence? I always use "would" in a conditional sentences. Is there any other use of this verb. I really appreciate it if you tell me about the another use of this verb

If I use implied conditional in my essay, will the examiner know that it is kind of a second condition?Like the following sentence:
A good education WOULD probably improve people's career prospects.

Shouldn't the second part of those example be written in past tense?It doesn't make sense to me use the "would" with "present time"

A good education WOULD probably improve people's career prospects if they chose the right field.

A good education WOULD probably improve people's career prospects if the job market was to their advantage.

In Longman Dictionary, the following statement is in contrasting with what you have stated. Could you please clarify more? thanks so much.
http://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/would

GRAMMAR: Choosing the right tense
You usually use would in the main clause, and a past tense in the ‘if’ clause:I would be surprised if he agreed.She would love it if you came.✗Don’t say: I would be surprised if he would agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back