At the hospital the queue to get your prescription card dated was too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
At the hospital the queue to get your prescription card dated was too long. I was in the queue and halfway through the queue there was a wall. Queue had a curve at the wall. It seemed it ended there but it was just the half part of the queue until that wall.

Please check my sentences.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
It's a bit of a mess- you're mixing up basic pronouns, so it's not clear whether you mean you or I. There are also articles missing. And there may be cultural issues- I have not heard of getting prescription cards dated.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
At the hospital the queue to get the prescription-cum-appointment card dated (they date-stamp it as an evidence and for records as well) was too long. I was in the queue and halfway through the queue there was a wall. Queue had a curve at the wall. It seemed it ended there but it was just the half part of the queue until that wall.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
At the hospital​, the queue to get the prescription-cum-appointment card dated (they date-stamp it as [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] evidence and for their records [STRIKE]as well[/STRIKE]) was too long.

I was in the queue and halfway through the queue there was a wall. (That sounds as if they built a wall at the halfway point of the queue!)

The queue [STRIKE]had a[/STRIKE] curved/turned at​/round the wall.

[STRIKE]It seemed it ended there but it was just the half part of the queue until that wall.[/STRIKE]
It looked like the queue ended at the wall but it continued the other side of the wall.

See above.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I was in the queue and halfway through the queue there was a wall.
(That sounds as if they built a wall at the halfway point of the queue!).

Could you please tell me the correct way to say it?

ueue had a curved/turned at​/round the wall.

It means "the queue turned at the wall or curved round the wall". Is it correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.