Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Curious, a group of doctors came to her ward on another day and asked very detailed questions, one of which was what else she had eaten besides the hospital meals. I told them she couldn’t even finish the meals provided by the hospital and hence she did not eat anything else. I bought other food, including porridge, but she had no appetite. I also told the doctors we did nothing except pray/praying for her to be cured as soon as possible.

1. Is 'detailed' correctly used with questions? I think so.

2. Can I use either 'pray' or 'praying'?

3. Are there any errors in the text?

Thanks in advance.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Curious, a group of doctors came to her ward (on another) (*Unless you have previously spoken about a day when they did something else, you don't really need to say "on another". You can just say "one day") day and asked very detailed questions, one of which was what else she had eaten besides the hospital meals. I told them she couldn’t even finish the meals provided by the hospital and hence she did not eat anything else. I bought (perhaps brought/brought in, as it doesn't really matter who paid for it) other food, including porridge, but she had no appetite. I also told the doctors we did nothing except pray/praying for her to be cured as soon as possible.

1. Is 'detailed' correctly used with questions? I think so. Yes.

2. Can I use either 'pray' or 'praying'? Pray.

3. Are there any errors in the text? See above.

Thanks in advance.

See above.

Status
Not open for further replies.