Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
"I am of the view that secondary school students should study a wide variety of subject instead of focusing on a limited scope of subjects. This is because the minds of the secondary school students have not been fully developed yet and it would be too early for them to set the course of their lives."

Regarding the above passage written by myself, I would like to know whether it is correct to use the phrase "set the course of their lives" and if not, in what situations you would use the phrase " ... the course of their lives"?

"I am of the view that secondary school students should study a wide variety of subject instead of focusing on a limited scope of subjects. This is because the minds of the secondary school students [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] are not [STRIKE]been[/STRIKE] fully developed yet and it would be too early for them to set the course of their lives."

Regarding the above passage written by myself, I would like to know whether it is correct to use the phrase "set the course of their lives" and if not, in what situations [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] would you use the phrase " ... the course of their lives"?

I think set the course of their lives means the set the direction of their lives or the route their career will take. The idea is to give the students a broad-based education so that their options are kept open until they are more mature and have a clearer idea of their career choices.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back