Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Dear Alex,

it's good to hear from you. My congratulations. I was sure that you will win first prize in the competition. You always had an ability to write very well. Of course I would like to go with you on a ten-day holiday to Scotland. It would be fantastic. July is the most suitable term for me because in June I will be preparing myself to the exam which take place at the end of June. After the exam we could go even first July. I'd rather prefer going to the theatre. You know me. I can't imagine life without regular exercises, but watching sports is probably the most boring activity that I know. And if you don't mind, I'd like to write about the tourist sites because writing about food is always making my angry. ( Is always makes me angry? Or can I use both?)

I look forward to hearing from you,
Martin.

(I will be grateful for corrections)

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I thought it was going to be just the one paragraph. Them I saw another and felt a little discouraged. :-(

Say:

Congratulations! I was sure you would win first prize in the competition. You have always had an ability to write very well.

More later. (,Maybe.)

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You need to post these separately. Please edit your first post, cut the essay out and paste it into its own thread, leaving us just the letter to deal with in this thread.

Last edited:

mdzugaj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Done, but I can't change the threat. If you can remove "essay" from the title, I will be thankful.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Done, but I can't change the thread title. If you can remove "essay" from the title, I will be [STRIKE]thankful[/STRIKE] grateful.

I have changed the thread title. I have made it unique and relevant to the thread. All titles should include at least an excerpt from the text you are asking us about. I will shortly change the title of the other one from "Essay" to something relevant.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Try:

It would be fantastic!

Also:

July will be the most suitable time for me because in June I will be preparing for the exam which will take place at the end of June.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

After the exam we could go as soon as the first of July.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

I'd prefer to go to the theater.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Next paragraph.

You know me. I can't imagine life without regular exercise, but watching sports is probably the most boring activity that I know. And if you don't mind, I'd like to write about the tourist sites, because writing about food always makes me hungry.

(I would be grateful for any corrections.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.