Dear Mr. Hotel Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadias

Member Type
Student or Learner
Dear Mr. Hotel Manager
When I came to stay at your Hotel last week, I was not happy because when I had my bath in the morning, it took such a long time for the water to get hot before I could have my shower, this made me very late for my meeting. When I went to breakfast and nobody told me that I had to help myself to tea and coffee so I was waiting and waiting for the waitress to check. Then I was really cross because the boom in the parking garage was stuck and I had to wait about 4 minutes for somebody to sort it out. Somebody should tell you that you have to help yourself to tea/ coffee. Also it would be nice if you could leave some maps at the boom in the parking garage in case people forget to ask inside the hotel for a map and you are a ne person visiting Cape Town. Also I did not find the cleaning lady to be very friendly when I greeted her ion a friendly way, it is important that people in your Hotel are very friendly all the time even if the and having a bad day because it makes us (the people staying in your Hotel feel as if we are not welcome and maybe I will stay at another place next time because I think other people in other hotels are very friendly. When I was asking the lady for a map, the person next to her was having a private conversation on the phone and there were other people (staying at the hotel) waiting for help, then the lady helping me sent me to another desk to get a map, I noticed that the flowers are very beautiful, this other lady was very helpful
Yours Sincerely

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
How is it you would like us to help you with this?

sadias

Member Type
Student or Learner
I please need you to assist me with the following:

Check paragraphs according to guidelines above
Make the letter consise

Please i need help urgently

Many Thanks

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Your essays wanders all over.

Keep the points of your complaints together.
- lack of hot water
- not knowing about the self-service tea
- employees not focused on customer service
- the boom on the garage door
- lack of maps

You have some run-on sentences. Make your sentences shorter if you have to, but don't join two sentences with a comma.

(I think complaining that the cleaning lady didn't act all happy to see you is pretty weak. However, an employee having a personal conversation while guests are waiting for service is a real issue.)

sadias

Member Type
Student or Learner
Thanks Barb

Your assistance is much appreciated :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.