Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Hi everyone, my name is Daniele and I'm new on this forum so I hope this is the correct section for my question.

I'm writing a summary on myself and I have doubts about a sentence.

I'm typing: "Since I was young I have carried on both sport and studies with passion and enthusiasm, developing strong organizational and teamworking skills"

Is the word "developing" right? What I want to say is that with sport and studies I have developed those abilities; actually I have problems in general with that type of sentences and that use of "ing" form.

Thanks everyone

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi everyone, my name is Daniele and I'm new on this forum so I hope this is the correct section for my question.

I'm writing a summary [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] about myself and I have doubts about a sentence.

[STRIKE]I'm typing:[/STRIKE] I have written "Since I was young, I have [STRIKE]carried on[/STRIKE] taken part in both sport and studies with passion and enthusiasm, developing strong organizational and teamworking skills."

Is the word "developing" right? Yes.

What I want to say is that with sport and studies I have developed those abilities; actually, I have problems in general with [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] this type of [STRIKE]sentences[/STRIKE] sentence and [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] the use of the "-ing" form.

Thanks everyone.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

See above.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Dan9, note that there is no need to write a new post to say "Thank you" to anyone. It shows up as a new post and we waste time clicking on it only to find that it's just a "Thank you" post. Clicking on the "Thank" button (as you already did on post #2) is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.